12.02.2008

Humor With Santa On The French Riveria

I am trialing the Blockbuster online experience for the next 2 weeks and so far it has not impressed me. In fact, this is my second go around with it. Who am I kidding, it's free for now...but my thoughts are for two good films. First up off my list was 'Fred Claus' with Vince Vaughn, Paul Giamatti and Kevin Spacey. Hilarious! If you liked 'Elf' with Will Ferrell the you'll like this one.The humor is mature at times, but Vaughn's wit and sarcasm are customized for the most part to the younger audience. Good Christmas movie! Rent it!

Priceless is film number 2. I am a huge Audrey Tatuo fan, the stunning French actress known in the States for her role in the Davinci Code but internationally helmed for starring in Amelie, He Loves Me-He Loves Me Not and Happenstance..which are all fantastic! In Priceless, we follow Jean (Gad Elmaleh) who is a bartender at a 5 star hotel on the French Riviera. He works two jobs to keep afloat and one night is mistaken for a wealthy suitor to the likes of Irene (Tatuo) , who is a gold-digger. The relationship, humor, and backdrop unveil another hit for Tatuo and increases my affinity for foreign films. I loved this one!

1 comment:

DMB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.