1- Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
Based on the 90's TV drama, from the mind of one of film's creepiest men-David Lynch, about a prom queen in Washington State who is found dead on the shore and the world of mystery that surrounds her. Agent Dale Cooper (Kyle Mclanahan - Sex and the City, Desperate Housewives) arrives in town and unravels what came to be the sole reason my brother and I needed the hall light to fall asleep: BOB. If you've seen any Lynch films you know how eerie they get (Lost Highway, Mulholland Falls). Watch the TV series then go for the movie.2 - The Shining
Jack Nicholson is classic in this adaptation of the Stephen King novel. Red Rum is a phrase that chills my spine just to type...and what about the blood filled elevator. If you haven't seen this one, please -please stop reading and go rent it.3 - The Ring
Remember the first time you saw this one? How about when the little girl crawls out of that TV...oh dip! This became an instant classic. I fought seeing it and loved every minute. The cold, dark setting of Seattle mixed with incredible sound fx...they are perfectly integrated into the scenes, like background music-which is also terrifying. Loved it.4 -Silence of the Lambs

Hannibal Lecter - need I say more?
5 - Halloween
The original, not the Rob Zombie remake, is frightening. The music, similar to Jaws/Indiana Jones/Star Wars, is iconic. It is unmistakable and his mask - wow! I love the scene where Jamie Lee Curtis looks back and Myers is observing from the sidewalk behind her. You know it's dynamite when it survives as a scary film 30 years later.6- Seven
All the ingredients of the unforgettable scary film are included in Brad Pitt's murder-mystery film based on the 7 deadly sins (believable-dark-rainy-unidentifiable killer until late in the film-chilling soundtrack-silence at all the right moments). John Doe is the perfect killer and sends the audience into a cold sweat as Pitt and Morgan Freeman attempt to identify a suspect and avoid any further losses. The finale is dark and spine-chilling that is topped off with phenomenal acting.7- Mothman Prophecies
How many movies trailers do you remember watching? Very few, right?This one was freaky and I have still answer the phone sometimes and hesitate. Another one with the believability factor included with the creepiness.8 - White Noise
Another petrifying trailer...does anyone remember this one? It had the sound of the tape and then talked about cases of white noise...freaked me out. Yep, this one is an overlooked creepy film and it helps secure a spot because we all know The Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Rosemary's Baby, Psycho and a few others are guarantees on anyone's scary movie list. Michael Keaton is fantastic in this and really draws you into his pain as a widow searching for answers...I am glad I did not see this when I was a kid.9 - When A Stranger Calls
"Have you checked the children?"...please tell me you did not see the remake first. The original with Carol Kane is miles ahead of the recent re-do. I cannot tell you frightened this movie made me when I was home alone and the phone would ring. This has the ingredients.10 - Nightmare on Elm Street
The first Freddy Krueger film, yes the one with Johnny Depp, is Wes Craven's finest. After all the films listed I would love to just fall asleep without waking up to scan the room or peer out the window to reassure myself that no one is around...that was until Freddy (a burned killer who wears a fedora and scissor fingered glove) made you think twice about falling asleep. Iconic horror character and the glove, that glove was sheer movie genius.
No comments:
Post a Comment