Anybody seen 'Taken' yet? Of course not, well it was to hit theaters here last year some time and then for some odd reason I just saw a trailer for it on Hulu. Well, it is terrific. A no-nonsense, action induced revenge flick, and I mean action (It is a Luc Besson film, yeah he created 'The Transporter' franchise). Watch the trailer, then read the rest of this...
Bryan (Liam Neeson) is a former Secret Agent seeking to mend the broken relationship he has with his teenage daughter Kim (Maggie Grace). In order for Kim to join her friend on a trip to Europe she needs the blessing of her father. After some convincing Bryan agrees and the girls are off to Paris.
While unpacking at their residence in Europe, Kim phones Bryan and suddenly the apartment is raided by kidnappers. Bryan coaches Kim on what to do before they find her hiding...the conversation between Neeson and the kidnapper gets you on the edge of your seat. You can figure out where it goes from there.
Sure 'Taken' is a bit predictable, but I enjoyed it. Neeson is brilliant - he must have gotten some pointers from Bourne and Bond. The guy has a great radio voice to match his height - I can see why he was the Lion in the 'Narnia' movies (insert "Smile"). I've said this before but it seems as if many of the 'spy' themed films are taking cues from the personality and tone of the previous mentioned franchises ('Bourne' and 'Bond'). It's no problem for me, I like the violent confrontation between the good guys and bad guys. Although, someone's going to have a heck of a time coming up with the next reinvention of 'spy' tones in film.
'Taken' delivers - I had no expectations and thought it was a perfect, non-stop thrill ride. Check this one out, a solid 3.5 out of 5.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment