
For those Viggo Mortenson fans (Lord of The Rings, History of Violence,Eastern Promises) I have another film of his that likely propel him into an Oscar nomination. While the film isn't out yet, the book is. 'The Road' is written by Cormac McArthy (No Country For Old Men). His dark and gripping style blankets the father and son traveling across a post-apocalyptic land infested with ash, cannibalistic savages and the most dangerous of them all: the roads. It is a fascinating book into the relationship of the boy and his wise father. I don't want to give too much away but I expect that the translation will lend itself well from the paperback to the screen. The movie releases later this fall with Viggo starring as well as Robert Duvall and CharlizeTheron. Looks like McArthy will rivet audiences again as he did with 'No Country'.
No comments:
Post a Comment