
The first Matrix...great! The second two were terrible. V for Vendetta - absolutely horrible! Speed Racer: fantastic!. I just viewed the Wachowski's translation of the classic anime Speed Racer. While I could not bring myself to see it in theaters, I was very happy with my $1 Redbox rental. In fact, I loved it. It was tongue in cheek and entertaining for most ages. This was a film designed for fun and that's exactly what I got. The splashes of color on screen almost stun you into forgetting that amazing CGI work is floating all around you. It is very psychedelic and hypnotic at times. The plot is simple enough for young audiences, but don't expect any mind-bending turns. It's a family fiml which is a hard right for the W. bros. Well done mates, I guess I am officially a parent now that I am enjoying a 'family film'. Guess I better re-watch Swiss Family Robinson while I'm at it.
No comments:
Post a Comment