8.19.2009

Summer 2009 Follow Up

1) X-Men Origins: Wolverine (see previous review -coming to blu-ray on Sept. 15th)

2) Tranformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (great explosions, killer cinematography - ehhh, 3 out of 5)

3) Star Trek (WOW! Absolutely loved it - a buy! 5 out of 5)

4) Terminator Salvation (entertaining, lots of yelling, high octane action - 4 out of 5)

5) Up (great movie for all, loved the first 20 minutes and then the talking dogs turned me off a bit - 3.5 out of 5)

6) Harry Potter 6 (haven't seen)

7) Public Enemies (saw the first few minutes and loved it, come on it's a M. Mann film...destined to be worth it.)

8) The Hangover (hilarious - Brad Cooper and the fat bearded guy and Andy from 'The Office', like a modern 3 stooges - 4 out of 5)

9) Inglorious Bastards (yet to be seen)

10) The Time Traveler's Wife (yet to be seen)

11) Funny People ( I had to sneak in one more), not so much...I cannot motivate myself to see this, mood swing I guess. Enough with the Seth Rogen movies.

*I did watch G.I. Joe and LOVED it. My expectations were incredibly low and I was swallowed up in the ridiculous action, sound effects and unveiling of live-action characters I obsessed over as a kid, especially Snake Eyes.

No comments: